And that ends my first week working on Executive Assault now as my full time job and wow did I get a lot done!
Multiplayer! Yes that’s right, you can now have multiplayer battles against other human CEOs. I thought it would have been December at the earliest when all that was working, but there we go.
Base buildings now snap to a lovely grid so that you can now build with ease and make some exciting designs.
Transition animation when you go into RTS mode.
Tanks and planes now have nicer interiors.
The lifts into the office now plays some nice Bossa Nova.
And a whole host of little tweaks to make the game more enjoyable.
Lets see what next week bring. Hope you all have a nice weekend.
It was truly a momentous day to find out that Executive Assault was Greenlit. Momentous not just in the sense that a game I have made will now be sold by Steam, but also by the fact that it is my first game that so far has received some great feedback.
I will be soon be moving off the Steam Greenlight page and continuing my updates on here, Facebook and Twitter only. This will help keep all the updates nice and tidy so you don’t have to keep checking loads of different websites to get the latest information.
A forum will also be set-up soon so that you can make suggestions, ask questions, complement on what a wonderful I’m doing, complain how bug ridden the game is etc. Keep an eye out as sign ups will be starting soon.
I also want to take this opportunity to thank every for not only getting the game Greenlit but also for the support and spreading the word. It will be a great game and I hope something you will play for a long time.
One exciting feature of Executive Assault is the ability to be able to design your company which includes choosing a company name and logo which will be proudly displayed around your headquarters for all to see.
Choose from a selection of CEO’s to dominate the galaxy with:
Selina: Wants wealth so bad that she will crush anyone under her shoes to get it.
Tarquin: Has so much money then sense that he once brought a boat to sail on made entirely out of chocolate just in case he got hungry during the voyage.
Great effort everyone! Executive Assault is currently in the top 100 If we stay here then it should get Greenlit! Now comes the hard part and trying to stay in the top 100 against the tide of other games. If you know of anyone who would love to play Executive Assault and may not have voted yet then please give them ‘Encouragement’. http://www.executiveassault.com/steam
Help vote Executive Assault onto Steam, Only you can make it happen!
Below is the launch video:
Just created the cockpit for the walkers so you can now pilot one. OK its not Titanfall but still damn good fun! Plus if yours gets destroyed, you can simply customize and manufacture a new one at your Vehicle factory.
Recently added a whole plethora of new features including:
- Missile Silos: No need to send troops, just blast them from afar with highly precise but expensive ballistic missiles.
- Artillery: A less accurate but easier to use long range weapon, simply select the area you want destroyed and your artillery will continuously rain down shells on the area.
- Invigilator Walkers: Weaker armour then tanks, but much more powerful then troops, able to wander into an area with their dual gun points and decimate anything in sight.
- Intelligence Centre: Now you can have a mini map in the corner so you can see the whole battlefield in one go. It does have a limited range but this can be removed by researching a satellite to launch into orbit. The satellite has other uses too such as scanning for resources hidden across the battlefield and also ‘encouraging’ a nearby asteroid to crash down.
- B.A.R.B.R.A now kindly tells you when enemy troops are trying to use the lift, how nice of her.
- Reduced the GPU overhead on troops so now you can have more of them.
Here is a video demonstrating all these features and the current state of Executive Assault. Enjoy!
Thought I would upload some combat pics from my programming tonight. Currently working on streamlining the pathfinding so that it can handle more units and is also a bit more stable. Going to look at spreading out the troops a little too as the tanks seem to like to bunch together.