Category Archives: Versions
Excited to announce I have added a tutorial, let me know what you think? Its not set in stone so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
When you first start Executive Assault now a video tutorial will play at opportune moments during gameplay explaining what to do. This tutorial can be turned off in the options menu. It will be defaulted to ‘On’ for all players.
There are a load of issue fixes too:
- You can now repair extractors
- Added a heavy indoor turret
- You can now see what weapons are assigned to each unit.
- Added mouse sensitivity and invert for direct control mode
- Jeeps can no longer be driven inverted
- Temperature and armour have been removed and replaced with a simple damage and health system, meaning all the weapons now do totally different amounts of damage.
- The turret alignment HUD on tanks no longer appear on bots.
- Walkers no longer over tilt on terrains in direct control mode.
- Mineral scan no longer breaks the minimap
- Timed explosives now have a 20 second countdown
- The robot you were controlling no longer runs back to its original position
- The Emergency desk forcefield HUD should not appear in RTS mode now.
- Airplanes no longer have issues attempting to fly underground
- Calcite now reduces research times by 14% and not 10%
- Tanks now hug the terrain.
- The research facility now takes 1:30 to research instead of 3 minutes.
- The AI CEO will no longer get distracted by something else and send his forces away mid attack
- Audio on vehicles no longer break.
Let me know if you find any balancing issues as it has all been changed.
AI improvements will be coming soon.
- Currently there is no server migration, so if you have a 3 or 4 player game against someone else and the server quits, everyone leaves.
- A game against 4 CPU players can get a little sluggish.
- In FPS feel free to run around and try and break things. You may fall through the floor, if this happens please let me know where. It can be simply fixed by exiting FPS mode.
- I have noticed that it can be hard to remember where items are on the research tree, it may be a case of needing to rearrange things. Feel free to let me know any new layout ideas.
- Multiplayer is a massive part of the game and equally comes with massive issues, please let me know what issues you find.
There is currently no mouse cursor on the TriCruiser, but you can still shot things when in direct control mode.
This version comes with a host of UI changes including:
- You now ‘connect’ to buildings via a button hovering above any structure which you can interface with. This is eventually going to pave way for facility control which will include security functions.
- Left click brings up the buildings interface, right click brings up its quick menu.
- Furnished the office as its one of the first things you see so it needed sprucing up.
- When you now call a lift it immediately comes rather then waiting 5 seconds. Gives you a chance to escape the office.
- The FPS visuals for the bots have now been changed and simplified, let me know what you think?
Also Watch the sky’s now as the AI now sends over aircraft armed with lasers, (be thankful it doesnt have bombs yet).
Added icons when you zoomed out so that you can see where everything is.
Added bombs for aircraft.
Added sound FX for most units in FPS mode.
Added doors, turrets and forcefields for inside construction.
Added new path finding system.
Removed BaseOps screen, will probably come back in another form such as Map Radar.
Changed Various buildings to make use of new path system.
Changed HQ to be more space age.
RTS camera now appears on top of where you die.
Adjusted the computer so its a bit slower at building and uses resources.
AI can now rebuild economy.
Various other little adjustments.
Features so far
- Build structures, walls, corridors, turrets, pylons, extractors.
- Command units from the overhead command view.
- Walk around inside structures and interact with doors.
- Construct units from factories.
- AI path finding in and outside of structures.
- Take control of Bots, tanks and aircraft.
- Dynamic lighting on structures from Sun including internal occlusion maps.
- Command units from first person perspective.
- Opposing CEO in his own base for skirmish games, who can currently build a limited base, gather resources using the pylons and send out attack parties to try and assassinate you in your office.
Main aspects that still to implement (not in any particular order)
- All 150 Tech tree components.
- Graphical upgrades.
- Extractors to be turned into a large mining facilities.
- Other maps.
- New adaptive UI that changes based on screen resolution.
- Sound FX and music.
- Base Operations screen needs a lot of tweaking to become functional.
- Main menu.
- Anti cheating measures.