Recently added a whole plethora of new features including:
- Missile Silos: No need to send troops, just blast them from afar with highly precise but expensive ballistic missiles.
- Artillery: A less accurate but easier to use long range weapon, simply select the area you want destroyed and your artillery will continuously rain down shells on the area.
- Invigilator Walkers: Weaker armour then tanks, but much more powerful then troops, able to wander into an area with their dual gun points and decimate anything in sight.
- Intelligence Centre: Now you can have a mini map in the corner so you can see the whole battlefield in one go. It does have a limited range but this can be removed by researching a satellite to launch into orbit. The satellite has other uses too such as scanning for resources hidden across the battlefield and also ‘encouraging’ a nearby asteroid to crash down.
- B.A.R.B.R.A now kindly tells you when enemy troops are trying to use the lift, how nice of her.
- Reduced the GPU overhead on troops so now you can have more of them.
Here is a video demonstrating all these features and the current state of Executive Assault. Enjoy!
Thought I would upload some combat pics from my programming tonight. Currently working on streamlining the pathfinding so that it can handle more units and is also a bit more stable. Going to look at spreading out the troops a little too as the tanks seem to like to bunch together.
To make Industry a bit more search friendly I am changing the name of the game to Executive Assault.
But as of today it will be now known as Executive Assault. I feel now is the best time to do this before things really ramp up.
Based on some of the feedback from my latest video I decided to upgrade the A11bot model. I originally never intended to add any rust or errors to bots texture as it had literally just been manufactured at the factory, however this made it look a little boring and unrealistic.
Along with updating some of the models I have also added the Long Range Facility and Artillery.
Securely enclosed inside the bunker, when activated, this behemoth will rise out and rain shells down on your target. Careful your mainframe doesn’t get hacked else you might not be able to open the outer doors to the building.
After a lot of hard work I am proud to present the latest trailer for Industry.
The game is now in a state where all it needs is the content filling in, mainly the 200+ technologies which can be found on its wikisite, however much progress has already been made.
Soon I will be taking pre orders of the game to speed up production in the hope that I can deliver Industry next year. If you enjoy what you see, please help support Industry by liking it on Facebook and spreading the word. You can also follow the latest updates on Industry-game.com
Until then, enjoy the video – it has come a long way since the first one I posted!
This version comes with a host of UI changes including:
- You now ‘connect’ to buildings via a button hovering above any structure which you can interface with. This is eventually going to pave way for facility control which will include security functions.
- Left click brings up the buildings interface, right click brings up its quick menu.
- Furnished the office as its one of the first things you see so it needed sprucing up.
- When you now call a lift it immediately comes rather then waiting 5 seconds. Gives you a chance to escape the office.
- The FPS visuals for the bots have now been changed and simplified, let me know what you think?
Also Watch the sky’s now as the AI now sends over aircraft armed with lasers, (be thankful it doesnt have bombs yet).
Although you probably wont view much of the interior of the office, it’s still the first thing you see when you come out of the CryoPod and gives you an instant impression of the game. Therefore I’ve decided to spruce it up a little.
The drone fabricator has now been upgraded from being a boring metal plate to being a full on building. Drones are used to build exterior placements such as pylons and are also used to gather precious minerals.
Eventually all the factories will be upgraded to have manufacturing animations.